Many gardeners when asked what they want for Christmas is "I don't want anything for Christmas". If this is what you are dealing with then this blog is what you are looking for. Gardeners where asked on "Lovely Green's" Facebook page what they wanted for Christmas and this is the results.
1. Berry Bushes
The most popular answer with gardeners saying they’d like more berry bushes and perennial plants. Buying potted fruit plants and trees is the perfect gift since your gardener friend can plant them out at any time of the year. Here’s some ideas:
- Black Raspberry Plants – will grow in warmer climates as well as temperate
- Blueberry bush – this ‘Bluecrop’ is one of the most popular varieties available
- Blueberry plants “Pink Lemonade” – these blueberries are actually pink!
- Miracle Berry Plant – eating the berries from this plant will change the flavor of anything sour to incredibly sweet! The actual berries are hard to come by and usually quite expensive making this bush very special indeed.
2. More Gardening Space
Gardeners always want a bit more growing space. You don’t have to buy more space to give your gardener a larger growing area — give them the gift of vertical gardening. With these ideas you can grow more plants in less space.
- Stackable Strawberry Planter – perfect for growing strawberries and herbs
- 7 Pocket Hanging Garden – Pot your plants into a row of vertical pockets
- HUGE 5 Tier GreenStalk Planter – A bit on the pricier end but well worth the higher price.
3. Garden Birds
Gardeners don’t just love the plants but they also love the animals that live there too. Wild birds are the most popular and feeding, providing shelter, and watching them is enjoyed by most.
Red Barn Bird Feeder – The one pictured above. Gorgeous!
- Vintage style Hummingbird Feeder – with a tinted ‘Mason Jar’ look to it
- The Audubon Backyard Birdwatcher – an excellent book for identifying the birds visiting your backyard
4. Practical Tools
Those who spend time working with their gardening know the importance of good tools. Some of the people who commented on what they’d like for Christmas mentioned leather gardening gloves, galvanized steel watering cans, and even wheelbarrows.
Ladies Leather Gardening Gloves – Attractive, durable, and practical
- Antique Copper Watering Can – not only beautiful but very useful
Traditional Bypass Pruning Shears – most gardeners will at one time or another get a pruning tool set for Christmas. Most of the time they’re kind of mediocre and aren’t used. The most obvious tool to get instead is a good pair of secateurs or (pruning shears).
5. Seeds and Bulbs
When you buy a gardener seeds you can't go wrong.. They make great stocking stuffers, or entire sets of them make a great present on its own.
- Heirloom Vegetable Seed Set – over 10,000 seeds in this variety pack
- A Complete Spring Garden – 50 Bulbs for 50 Days of Continuous Blooms
- Medicinal Herb Seed Assortment – herbs and flowers that benefit wildlife but that also be used in herbal remedies
6. Gardening Pampering
Spending time in the garden deserves skin-loving indulgence. Aromatherapy candles, handmade soaps, and garden scented products help heal, clean the skin and relax the body.
- Botanical Soap Sampler Set – Nine beautifully scented and packaged soaps
- Vanilla Rose Aromatherapy Candle – all natural candle scented with essential oils
- Garden Lovers Pamper Set – a set of natural lavender and rosemary products along with a ‘Greenhouse’ scented candle (can be purchased through Lovely Greens)
7. Succulent Pots & Plants
Succulents are often given only as housewarming gifts, but plants and planters are perfect for any time of the year for plant lovers. The most popular plants currently are succulents. They come in dozens of varieties and will happily make a home in most planters.
- Ceramic Elephant Succulent Flower Pots – pictured above
Succulent Terrarium Kit – perfect DIY gift along with the plants below
Succulent Plant Collection – a stunning collection of 20 succulent plants
8. A Gardener
This answer made me laugh out loud each time it was given. Gardening is a passion but some of the work is hard. Digging, weeding, moving compost, mowing the lawn, the list goes on. If garden help isn’t in your budget, here’s some amusing gifts for gardeners (and their partners).
Sorry This Guy is Taken by a Super Sexy Gardener T-Shirt– self explanatory
Famous gardener Edward C. Smith – The Vegetable Gardener’s Bible, Kindle Edition
Playmobil 4485 Gardener with Hedge Trimmer – so your gardener wants a gardener? Give them one!